First Blog Post

Zdzislaw BeksinskiMy name is Svein Ormseth. I am a senior studying Computer Science at UAF, and will be graduating after this summer semester. After this I will be on the job hunt which is both exciting and scary. 

When it comes to art, I didn't really think about it too much at all. There was some art that I believed looked good, but I never went out of my way. That was until I started dating my girlfriend. She is an artist and is therefore into art as a whole. She began showing me more artists and took me to an art museum in Boston.

Here is a piece of art that I personally find appealing. I find it appealing mostly due to nostalgia as this has hung over my kitchen table since I was a kid.


An this is a link to a YouTube video that talks about an artist I was introduced to fairly recently, Zdzislaw Beksinski.


Comments

  1. I have a copy of Van Gogh's "Night Terrace Cafe" in my outhouse. I was just on Zoom with my girlfriend who lives in Paris, now that the new wave of restrictions have been lifted, cafe terraces are springing up everywhere, and taking parking spaces, and making the crowded streets even more crowded. She stuck her phone out the window of her apartment so I could see exactly what she was talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Influence WW1

Public Art

Art Nouveau and Impressionism